Submitted: 07-29-2002 by Mark

I recently got a Drifter, and find the previous reviews to be quite accurate. It's VERY stable. I can hang legs over the side, and even lean somewhat forward like that, with no problem at all. Not super fast but plenty good enough for paddling around the lake for fishing. Lots of space in the cockpit, so quite comfy for a larger paddler (which I am). The one drawback is indeed how wet the ride is. At 300lb, I sit in about 3 inches of water all the time. That's wet! Scupper stoppers are on order... I think they'll be used most of the time, though in hot weather I may pull them to stay cool.

Constructional details are good; seems to be a rigid, solidly-built boat. Needs the usual accessories if used for fishing (paddle/rod clips, holders etc.) I would have rated it a 10 if not for the wet ride.