Submitted: 07-29-2002 by peapod
This is my first kayak. I am very pleased that I purchased the pungo. The kayak 's large cockpick allows me to store a waterproof bag in front of me and within easy reach. The kayak is very stable and tracks very well. At first I thought that I would go kayaking on the lakes and rivers of Long Island. However,they are few in number compared to the many inlets and sounds and bays. The pungo handles the waves ,currents and wind better than can expected. I enjoy using the kayak and look forward to each day I go in the water. I would recommend the Pungo to anyone looking for a stable and versitible kayak. I use my boat for photography and the kayak has remained stable so no picture has become blurred. I would recommend that the Pungo have a larger hatch rather than the small rope holder it presently has.