Submitted: 07-29-2002 by Tenley Rae A

I won my Delta in the Canoe/Kayak magazine's national drawing celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the magazine. I orginally had won the Bayou but added some $ and bumped up to the Delta and I must say,it is a wonderful craft. My husband and I owned 2 Loons and a Swify. After several seasons w/ the Delta, I decided to sell my Loon and use the Delta predominatly. I haven't been sorry yet. I like the wide cockpit as we do river water that often times has muddy banks...the wide cockpit is just what is needed to aim your body into or out of on these banks. I see some in the club we paddle in w/ the sea kayaks and the even tighter white water cockpits,silently wishing that they had the wider cockpit when encountering these muddy,or rocky banks. I also like this cockpit as I like to prop my legs over the craft or drag my feet in the water if warm enough. I do want to rig the side of the Delta ,as the Loon, to hold the paddle or a fishing rod. And I do like the newer screw on lid,but the rubber lid is ok and I do add that it is water tight even after 3 or so years of use. I think it the perfect length for general paddling and very good for the clogged rivers of spring. I'd buy this craft if I didn't win it first. I've enjoyed it in all situations.