Submitted: 07-22-2002 by phil

Just got into kayaking after many years of canoe ownership and decided that since Old Town made such a reputable product, I'd go with a Nantucket for it's looks and storage, my being a bay fisherman and needing the storage and the length for it's superior speed and seaworthiness. First trip out, it tracked to the left. I thought I just didn't know how to paddle one of these things in rough water, 2-3 foot swells. I took it onto a bayou with flat calm water and it tracked to the left seriously. I took it home and flipped it upside down and eyeballed the bottom from the bow. Not only is the bow crooked and the seam poorly done, but there appeared to be an arc from bow to stern. Couldn't happen. No manufacturer would let that get past quality control. I went to the stern convinced I was seeing things, and looked from that angle to see an arc to the right. Not a gentle arc to the bow, this sucker is like 4 or 5 inches out of line with the stern. I was amazed and cranked a letter off to Old Town. The response was get with your dealer and we are certainly interested in your problem. Well, now that I have read some of the reviews here, I know they know they have a problem. A real problem. And they keep selling them.