Submitted: 07-22-2002 by ratchette

Bought this boat this spring after years of arguing with myself about the type of boat I wanted. I finally decided that I needed a boat that's really easy to get out to the water. Otherwise, I'm not getting out there for those nice short evening paddles. At 40lbs and 14', I can lift, carry and toss this boat on the car top alone without any grief. On the water, it's a really nice boat. I haven't had very rough water yet but I really enjoyed the skeg on windy and gusty days. The cockpit is confortable (I'm 5'6" 135lbs and the fit couldn't be better) it tracks well and turns easily. I like that it's responsive although some of my friends find it has a bit of a tippy feeling for their taste. Minor irritants: I don't like the position of the skeg control and as mentioned in the other review, the hatches aren't watertight (at all...). Overall, I'm really pleased with this boat. Like anything else, depends what you are looking for.