Submitted: 07-18-2002 by manitu

I also replaced my Kodiak with the Kahuna, with few regrets. The Kahuna performs beautifully in most conditions, although I noticed some degree of weathercocking in stronger beam and quartering winds. It is unbelievably comfortable to sit in for many hours, even when fully loaded for camping (I am 6'1"), but the cockpit takes a bit of tweaking to arrange everything just right. The only rub with this kayak is its assembly. For the most part, it's intuitive, but there are a few steps that can drive even the most patient a bit nuts - namely the two center crossribs. They take a bit of a knack and some wrestling to get in right. Once you get the hang of the assembly, everything else is just buttah! Packs down beautifully and all the main kayak gear will fit nicely into the backpack. Great setup, beautiful craft!