Submitted: 07-18-2002 by ejsegrav

My wife and I purchased our Cruiser new in the early 80s at a Canoe show in Madison, WI. The salesman told us it was the Cadillac of canoes. We figured this would be the closest we would come to purchasing a Cadillac and loved canoeing so we made the investment.

I don't know if Cadillac is the correct analogy but this is the fastest and easiest canoe that I have ever paddled! We took a class from someone at the show on "power paddling" and put that technique to work. It gets up to speed quickly wether empty or full. It is always a pleasure to "pump wood" in this boat and glide through the water.

I also disagree that this boat "turns on a dime" though. Most of our paddling is flat water but recently we took a multi day trip down to the Current river in Missouri. The gravel and many turns really took its toll. A gel coat break the first day resulted in a leak that required a makeshift patch on the river. But overall the boat handled the load, rapids, and rough water well.

My only gripe is that the gel coat is so fragile. I guess that's the price you pay for speed. If I could find a boat that was nimble, fast and indestructible I would be in heaven. But I think Physics is against me.