Submitted: 07-17-2002 by Richard Hartman

Absolutely the best playboat of 2002, period. I've owned or demoed almost everything and this is the one. Pyranha has managed to obtain "long kayak" performance while keeping the length ultra-short (the S:6 190 is 6-2, and the S:6 200 is 6-6).

The huge planing surface makes the S:6 surprisingly loose, much more so than my supposedly "loose" Dominatrix ever dreamed of. And beyond the planing surface, the bow and stern shoot up with plenty of rocker to keep those ends under control.

Fit and comfort are remarkable. I'm 5-9, 170 pounds, size 10 feet and I'm using the 190 even though I'm technically too heavy for it.

Some claim the S:6 does poorly on waves - not so. Some claim it doesn't cartwheel very well - they're wrong. Some claim it doesn't do anything but aerial moves - they're smoking crack. I'm having a great time doing everything, in any size of feature, and I'm learning all sorts of new things that just weren't possible for me in other kayaks.

My highest recommendation. Don't buy another playboat before demoing the S:6.