Submitted: 07-17-2002 by Paul

The 119 was not my first canoe nor my first old town but it is by far the most disagreeable canoe I've ever been in. I really wanted the 119 for it's handy size any light weight but the trade-off is not fair. This canoe is tippy all the time and will wear you out just trying to keep from taking a swim. It tracks NOT AT ALL. You have to drag alot of rudder stroke to keep on line and that takes away the LITTLE TO NO GLIDE this canoe has. This canoe has been a total dissapointment. I have tried removing the seat; moving the seat back; kneeling; sitting; half sitting, I just cannot enjoy myself in this canoe and I really enjoy being in a canoe. I have contacted Old Town and told them that I think this canoe ought to be removed from the product line. If you are interested in owning a 119 take mine, I've had enough of fighting with it.