Submitted: 07-16-2002 by Nick D.

I purchased this item to help with moving my OT Loon 138 between my truck and the water. It is easy enough to use by slipping the unit over the stern end of my boat and off you go...well pretty much.

I bought the unit from LL Bean who shipped it in a box maybe 4' tall. The carrier is held together by 4 loosely tightened bolts and is easily "folded" into a tall narrow package. The same system which makes the unit easy to fold also makes it sort of sloppy to use. When carrying over uneven terrain or around turns, the unit will cant and slide around making the yak track across the road with the stern off angle from the bow. You can limit the issue if you push the cart as far towards the cockpit as possible.

In all, a nicely constructed product with a design flaw that makes it a little difficult to use.