Submitted: 07-15-2002 by Zack

This is a greatboat for intermediate canoers and up... A beginner like me has a problem with this boat. My Dad and I had just bought it... The first time we took it out... we had all of our equipment with us... fishing tackle, anchor, backpack with lots of stuff in it, fishing poles, GPS, etc... we paddled for about an hour and stopped to take a rest... we had started going again and all of a sudden we tipped... we don't know how... we tipped... somehow we didn't lose much... we lost the anchor (it wasn't tied to the boat at the time), and my glasses that I need to see with. We couldn't get back in, so we headed to a dock about 40 feet away with the canoe 4/5ths full of water... no problem staying afloat there... we dumped out the canoe and headed back to our car... later we went out again.. it was way too tippy... we couldn't fish out of it... that was our main objective... we tried a cople more times... but this canoe is just too tippy... we are going to get a more stable boat that hopefully will fit our needs. This boat goes fast, turns like a dream, but flips way to easily. That is not what we are looking for.

Ocean Rodeo Sports: