Submitted: 07-15-2002 by Michael

After doing some research, I set off to a local canoe shop with the thought of buying a used Wenanoh Aurora canoe made of Royalex, but after seeing the condition of the mere two month old canoe, I immediately decided against it. For a two month old canoe it was beat and battered. There were deep scratches and dents and flaws in the inside surface of the boat compared to a one year of Dagger Reflection boat. I was let down by the condition of the Wenonah. The Wenonah is noticably a bit lighter weight than the Dagger. However, maybe they shaved the weight by using thinner material and thus the greater wear and tear. I found the Dagger has good initial and very good secondary stability. Because of the rocker angle I found it easy to turn and handling. Very easy to paddle. The web seats are comfortable. Can't say how quick water performance will be yet, but I'm expecting decent performance. I'm very happy and impressed with this canoe.