Submitted: 07-10-2002 by PaddlinPaddy

I purchased the reg. Wilderness System Pugo in April because I wanted a lighter "plastic" boat. It replaced my Dagger Delta. My uses are: camping, rocky bodies of water, and to crunch ice -- I still am able to get out on some water up to Christmas if I bang the hull of the kayak in an attempt to smash ice to reach open water. I like the Pungo's weight. It is stable, tracks terrific (better than my expensive kevlar Dagger Willow), has a great seating system, roomy, handles well, good speed, plenty of lashing. Drawbacks? The tiny screw on hatch -- it should at least have a secure loop. Other than that I have no regrets other than to say it's heavy filled with water. Do learn how to handle the boat. Additional floatation might be a consideration / or keep a pup handy. Wear a PFD and learn how to handle an overturned boat. It's heavy when filled with water.

Thunder Bay Tourism: