Submitted: 07-01-2002 by Lightsey

My husband and I went out in our Rides for the first time today and had a blast. I was a little worried that it might be a little too much yak for me (I'm only 5'3"), but my husband really thought I could handle it. He was right. I had no trouble at all. The only trouble would involve me loading and unloading it by myself. However, I know that it is unlikely that I will go without him, so that wasn't really a concern. We both were able to stand up in the yak without falling out or flipping them. Climbing back in after a little swim was also a breeze. We read about every yak on the market before buying these. The first time we sat in them at the boat shop we both knew they were the ones. Don't let my size disuade you if you are a large guy because my husband is 6'tall, 210 lbs. and he had plenty of room. So, obviously I am more than pleased with our Rides - I'd recommend them for just about anyone - any size - any level of expertise.