Submitted: 06-24-2002 by Bernie/CNY

Let me state right off I did not buy this boat. I tried it several times and while it has its good points its negs put me off. It's good points are it's value, it tracks exceptionally well, is very stable and has cavernous storage for gear. The seat is very comfortable second only to WS's new Phase 3 seat. What I didn't like was its lack of responsiveness for turning. One trial was in a stiff wind and turning was very difficult to say the least. Also paddling into the wind was a job and S-L-O-W going. The boat did handle the waves well and I never felt uneasy in it but...On calm waters the boat was just kind of boring. Speed was ok but nothing to get excited about. Real nice! The Loon 111 was much more to my liking. The 120 may be the best of the bunch but due to lack of sales the dealers in my area don't stock them so I wasn't able to try one. I think the reason that model doesn't sell is due to the smaller cockpit. A shame because your really better off with it and its still very easy in/out from others I tried with a cockpit of the same size.

Squid Anchor: