Submitted: 06-24-2002 by Mark

I'm just getting into paddling; I don't even have my own boat-yet! I've rented the Loon 111 from Griggstown Canoe Rental and Princeton Canoe Rental, and that's how I know this boat. I figure that it'll be cheaper to own my own boat in the long run... :)

The boat tracks well. It is stable, even for a big guy like me; I'm 6'2" @ 245 or so. The high backed, movable bucket seat is great! You can adjust the trim of the boat, even underway. Properly trimmed and proplelled with decent paddling technique, this boat will haul the mail!

Due to space considerations, I shall probably go with a folding kayak. However, if I were to buy a hard shell boat, I would HEARTILY recommend the Loon 111. Due to my size, I would probably opt for the Loon 120. The Loon 111 is a great, all-round boat that'll do many things well. You can't go wrong by buying one.