Submitted: 06-24-2002 by Bernie/CNY

After trying MANY different yaks i decided on a Pungo.The boat is very stable,tracks great,has very good speed and manuvers real well. Plenty of room inside for gear fore and aft and bungies as well on both decks. Theres also a small screw on/off hatch with a bag to hold small items like keys,wallet,etc. The new Phase 3 seat is the most comfortable of all I tried. It handles wind and waves easily giving plenty of confidence when things get nasty. Some of the others I tried were nice too particularly the WS Pamlico 140. I might have gone with that one but its a tad too long for my Toyota pu bed. The boat is just a blast to paddle around! I use it mostly for fishing with both fly and regular tackle. Later on I'll use it for hunting as well. Mine has the sand color which should help it blend in with reeds for hunting and is less likely to spook fish. I tried both the std and the ultra light versions. Cant say I noticed any difference between them in performance or weight. Both are easily lifted/loaded into my truck. If your looking for a boat for lakes and bays it's great. From what others have said it's not much of a white water boat but I've never tried it in rapids yet. I would prefer a larger hatch in back with an air tight bulkhead and a paddle holder should be std on all yaks. But other than that theres nothing to complain about. I love it!

Suspenz: