Submitted: 06-24-2002 by FinnLander

Bought 2 of these boats yesterday and after reading some of these reviews considered bringing them back this morning without even trying them. I called the dealer and he assured me that he would take them back but wanted me to try them first. Me and my girlfriend who has only used a kayak once took the kayaks down to a black water river and then into a shallow stumpy swamp and really gave the boats hell.

First what did I like about them: They are light, and fit perfectly in the back of my pick-up truck, no rack, no ropes nothing, just throw them in. They seemed very stable in the water and after a few minutes of paddling we were very impressed with how they tracked and how NOT tippy these boats are. We took them into some really shallow stumpy areas and they will go shallow with no problems maneuvering over submerged stumps, logs and branches. They turn very easily and track very well even when rowed backwards. We eventually tried to intentionally turn them over and it wasn't easy. Tons of storage space. These designed to be stacked on top of one another and take up very little space in the garage. These boats are keepers. Take them back, hell no way!

By the way there was nothing about the boats that we didn't like!