Submitted: 06-21-2002 by samelnyk
I bought a Big Kahuna to replace a Folbot Kodiak. First of all, this is a much superior boat. It is my fifth boat (one folder and four rigid kayaks). I finally had a chance to take it out this week and I have been out in it for a total of five hours. It is a very pleasure surprise. It looks like a rigid; it is stable; yet, it responds to leaned turns; it is surprisingly fast. I have enjoyed my time in it and would strongly recommend it. I especially like the ability to pack it up. My major problem with it involves the assembly. The instructions that came with it hinted that I should set aside 90 minutes for the first time. The instructions were close to the mark. My problem with the assembly involves the installation of the fibreglass coaming. It is a bear. My first time out, I was so frustrated that I left it off. Aside from that, the craft is well worth the money. If you want a great value for the money folding kayak, then seriously consider this boat. You will not be disappointed with it.