Submitted: 06-20-2002 by Kevin

I purchased the Current Designs Scirocco as my very first kayak. I wanted a poly kayak that was well made and that I could grow into as my skills increased. I have paddled few other kayaks so I really don't have a great deal to compare it to. Though I had little experience when I first began paddling the Scirroco I quickly became in tune with this boat and I must say I am thouroughly impressed. The boat at first seamed a little tippy although once I started paddling it's stability became quite apparent. The boat is very manoeverable and easy to edge. The skeg works beautifully to keep you on course when the wind picks up. Even in strong crosswinds tracking is excellent. I do find the boat tends to weathercock a bit easily. The finishing on this boat considering its rotomolded is flawless. The seat is confortable, however the back rest could be an issue for some paddlers. I am 6'2" and 180lbs and find the cockpit to be a perfect fit. I don't think I could have picked a better first kayak to purchase. I look forward to paddling it for may years to come.

Harken Hoister: