Submitted: 06-19-2002 by woodjef

We have had a Trinidad for two years now. We bought it for my wife and then 7 year old son to paddle, but it turned out to be too heavy for her to handle with just his help. With he and I (I'm 6'1", 190 lbs and a strong paddler)it works fine. I need his help when it is really windy or rough. With two adults it moves right along about as well as can be expected for such a wide boat (29"). Tracks well and will turn surprisingly quickly if you throw in a bit of a lean, helped out by the fact that the rear cockpit is pretty far back in the boat. If it's really windy, the rudder will be needed. The heavy looking bow actually works quite well in riding over waves and keeping the front paddler dry. Not a speed demon, by any means, but works well on the medium sized lakes in the Adirondacks. We choose this boat over other tandems partly due to the bulkheads between the front a rear cockpits, resulting in easier pumping if you should get the full of water one way or another, plus the two paddlers don't have to paddle in synch. Works well as a weekend tripper if you pack lightly and throw a drybag or two in the bow. Quality is up to the usual Dagger standard.