Submitted: 06-19-2002 by PA

I purchased a Pungo Angler in August 2001 after much research and after having seen no bad reviews. I have used my Pungo on Missouri Class II streams, ponds, lakes, in 5 different states, the Chesapeake Bay and even on a two week trip to the BWCAW (yes, one can portage with them). We have paddled quiet flat water as well as in very harsh winds and waves in the lakes of MN. . .it is also comfortable for napping on quiet water. My lovely wife bought the boat for me and after trying it on the Lake of the Ozarks. . . bought one for herself and we have enjoyed many pleasant trips with them. Our favorite activity is to fish and camp out of them and can carry enough food and gear for a week or more. I will have to say that I can't imagine a better craft to fill it's intended role. We, obviously, have pushed the limits of that role but they have never disappointed us. I also purchased a set of the Roleez cart wheels from Campmor which makes travel to remote farm ponds much easier. The boats are quite stable (enough for children just learning) comfortable, a joy to paddle. We also have the spray skirts and I have a seat back extension. I would highly recommend this little boat but would also suggest that one must decide the purpose for which any boat is intended and then go from there. It is not the fastest or a real sea kayak or a white water boat. . .but for what we do, it's just right.