Submitted: 06-17-2002 by MD

I'm no expert by any means, but I just took a test drive and flipped it within 10 minutes. I was paddling into a head wind with the current, it caught the wind like a sail while sitting on the seat so I moved to my knees. When I finally made it back to calm waters (100 yds) from dealer I eased from my knees back to the seat and without any warning, WHAM, I was up to my shoulders in muck... wallet money got soaked and muck made it into EVERY orifice!

It was an hour WET drive back home, truck smells like a swamp... suffice to say I did not buy it. I'm 43, 6'0" and weigh 230, I've canoed many times but as I said, I am no expert but the canoe stability did not impress me and I will look at another brand to take my family canoeing in.

I'm from Michigan and would have loved to have supported a Michigan company, but not this time. If Old Towns flip as easily I may just come back to the Michi-Craft. But at $650 I'm sure I can find a canoe that will get me wet for a whole lot cheaper.

PFD Buyers' Guide: