Submitted: 06-17-2002 by Tim

I have owned an Old Town Otter for about 3 years now. I have to agree with all the other reviews I've read. There simply isn't a better starting kayak than the otter. I've had a wonderful time with this boat and it has hooked my brother, mother, and aunt on kayaking as well after only one trip each. I've had no problems and haven't experienced the leaking rear hole that others have mentioned. I just went out and bought a Loon 111 because I felt it was time that I moved up since I am a more experienced paddler. However, I still plan to hold onto the otter to use when i have guests or if I just feel like exploring. Best thing about this kayak is its ability to fit into the smallest, shallowest nooks of any lake. I shopped every brand I could find when I went for my second kayak, quite simply, Old Town just out classes the other brands in my opinion. Two thumbs up for the people in Maine creating great canoes and kayaks.