Submitted: 06-13-2002 by Steve Scarborough

I have one of the early tandem trailers and love it. I took a 1000 mile round trip to coastal South Carolina with gear, sea kayaks, and surf boats following politely behind my Outback on my Portage trailer. To put it mildly the weather sucked, with hard rain all the way down through Georgia. I detoured down some of my secret backroads into 5 different swamps but mostly I was on interstate highways. The trailer was wonderful. At times I would forget I was pulling it. Another thing I really like is being able to unhook the trailer and walk the boats right down to the water. After I finish paddling, my arms and shoulders welcome not having to lift the boat over my head onto a roof rack. There is a decadence here I am liking a lot! I would be happy to answer any questions about my trailer, but you may take this as a whole hearted recommendation of a great tool for boaters.