Submitted: 06-10-2002 by aghs

We bought a pair of new Roto-Moulded Looksha IV's. What a terrific boat. I'm 6'0, and 180 lbs. It's a bit snug getting in (less so if I actually warm up and do some stretches), but a nice fit when paddling. With good paddling technique you'll track well (it's MUCH better loaded), and if you're 'lazy' you can just drop the rudder which puts the Looksha on rails.

The Looksha is very responsive for a 17' boat. You can move well with a draw stroke, and corrective sweep strokes will keep you on track. Even in chop with boats trying to swamp us, this boat is a kick! I'm looking forward to more open water and rougher conditions.

The initial stability/tippyness can be a bit daunting at first. But within half an hour you'll completely forget about it and enjoy a quick responsive boat with dry hatches and a sexy profile!