Submitted: 06-10-2002 by A

I found my Perception Sea Lion to be extremely seaworthy. I live in a heavily populated area with a lot of boat traffic and negotiating boat wakes as well as currents and wind waves has been a little hairy with some other boats I have tried, but my Sea Lion has always instilled confidence in its performance and stability. Acceleration is not great but once you are moving it is easy to keep up a good pace. Tons of room, and just a great platform for "canal cruising"- checking out the waterfront homes on the canals. My boat is plastic so it is a little heavy but I found I could get it on and off the top of my pick up without struggling too much, you don't want to portage it 1/2 mile in the sand though.The rudder improves the Sea Lion's agility but it isn't a necessityThis hull is identical to Perception's Eclipse which consistently receives rave reviews, but with different (better in my opinion) hatches.