Submitted: 06-06-2002 by lfinder

Yakima racks with Mako saddles and Hully rollers. I recently purchased this configuration to fit my 2000 Audi A4 sedan. Whlie driving down the interstate the entire rack blew off the top of my car and luckily did not hit another vehicle. I felt one tower begininng to break loose and tried to stop but it was too late my arctic hawk was a 50lb white missle. To add insult to injury there is over $2200 damage to my auto the kayak needs repair and Yakima states that they will not warranty or stand behind the product because I did not use a bow line. The rack was installed by a dealer who never mentioned a bow line and frankly it probably would have been more dangerous for the loose boat to remain attatched to my vehicle causing more damage and possibly caused the car to go out of control. I am frustrated and angry with Yakima nad believe that clip#72 does not work for my auto. If one tower fails the other three should not follow suit in a blink.