Submitted: 07-06-1999 by F

Dagger's Sitka is, in fact, a lovely boat. Speed, tracking and secondary and primary stability are all wonderful, and the boat is extremely comfortable. While I would rather suspect that smaller paddlers who do not routinely paddle heavily loaded would be better off with a lower volume boat, I find that at my wieght (around 210lbs) the Sitka is perfect. An important point to remember though, is that the rudder system is a compromise. Some competitors claim that the rudder is too small to be effective, but these claims are untrue. Just lean the boat over as you would with no rudder. The rudder makes it more responsive to a lean & gives quicker turns. I heavier water, I've generally found the rudder works as well as any other, but againyou probably have to be fairly heavy for it to work right. Yes, all in all a heck of a boat.