Submitted: 07-05-1999 by Eric Gervais

This boat is awesome! The large rear deck hatch (bigger that Perception's) gives acces to a large watertight storage area (acts as a flotation chamber in the unlikely event you swamp). The huge cockpit with padded seat is as comfortable as it gets. Another benefit (often overlooked until you wish you had it) is the room behind the seat that you can easily reach around to to put your camera, water, snacks, etc. Big people with back problems have raved about this boat after 5 hour float trips! The spray skirt is cheap too (MSRP $39). Outfitting is excellent and the boat is light enough to handle easily for car topping. It is extremely stable in the water -- you can stand in it! My wife runs class II with a casual look on her face while I sweat it in my white water boat. If you can only buy one boat, or if you want to get a boat for someone to absolutely love to go kayaking in. Then get a Delta.

PS -- I don't work for Dagger and I have Perception, Walden Paddlers and Old Town kayaks as well. I may be opinionated -- but I am impartial and educated! Cheers!