Submitted: 06-03-2002 by Paul

My family has owned the Callisto for about 2 years and we are selling it. While no expert - my family (wife and 2 children ages 9 and 12) have found this boat mediocre in handling. It turns and tracks "mediocre" and is very difficult (impossible) to carve a turn. It is easily blown by wind dispite its low profile, perhaps because of its poor carving ability. We do not have a rudder on the boat. That my help the turning and tracking in wind. We have used it mainly along lakes and the intercoastal waterways in North Carolina. It is a small sized kayak which is quite narrow making it a good size for smaller adults and kids - but the weak performance has us looking to replace it. The Calabria we purchased at the same time, primarily for my wife and myself, has served us very well and despite its larger size it is perferred by everyone in the family.