Submitted: 05-31-2002 by guardrail

I bought a Tarpon after trying it at the spring 2002 paddle days for Outdoors Etc and diamond Brand. Diamond ordered it for me in yellow with rudder. After two years with a Captiva, this boat is a joy. Fast, straight, easy to paddle, stable.

The only reason for the 9 instead of ten is the seating. After touring three times, I took the factory pad and cut it down the middle to create an area in the center where there's no pad. The shape is likenend to a Specialized male specific bike seat guys. It seems to help - will have it on the water this weekend again to confirm. The moulded in seat seems to cause you to sit on your tail bone etc.

WS has told me they have something coming for storage that will fit in the middle of the cockpit. In the mean time a couple of small Otter boxes ride under my legs. I also found it helpful to add padding at the near end of the rudder slide tracks. Theis keeps my legs from getting hit with them when turning motions are made.

WS has a definite winner here - exceptional value at tis price level.