Submitted: 05-29-2002 by Shaggy

I am rather new to whitewater kayaking and started out in a Necky Zip. After padling it for a few weeks, I decided I needed a full-blown playboat because I knew that is what I got into this sport for. So I researched every boat I could and finally got a chance to sit in the S:6. All I could say was WOW! It was one of the smallest boats I had sat in but definately the most comfortable and I am 6'1, 185 lbs. So I ended up buying it around the beginning of May 2002. I have been very pleased with it, especially being just a beginner. It is a lot more tipsy than my Zip but it only took about a week (and several wet exits later) to get used to it. One thing I was happy about was it is the boat I ended up learning how to roll in. I couldn't roll the Necky Zip to save my life but the S:6 seemed a lot easier. I have had the chance to do a little surfing in the smaller stuff and it is a blast!! Very easy to paddle. Plus I love the adjustable ratcheting back rest. Just get in, crank it a few times, and you are in nice and snug. When I was learning to roll, I left my backrest pretty loose just in case of a wet exit and I had no problems getting out at all. If you are looking for a playboat, you have to at least demo this boat, you will love it (plus it is the best looking boat out there)!!!