Submitted: 05-23-2002 by Don

We recently took possesion of a new version GTS HV, the primary paddler is my wife 5'4" and it fits her perfectly, she loves it. Having paddled many of the older Solstice versions the new rudder, even though plastic, is a huge improvement, much easier to get up and down, less expensive to replace and lighter weight. It is just as, if not more, effective than the older design aluminum rudder. The new rear hatch is beautiful though a little smaller than the previous version. Construction on our boat is flawless, no factory defects nothing had to be fixed or improved on upon arrival at the dealer. I would say that C.D. quality control is very good.

I'm 6'3" 215 pounds and find this size comfortable for short day trips but I would consider my size at the very upper limit for this boat.