Submitted: 05-23-2002 by THC

I ran the 14 foot with a 4 horse evinrude for many years. It was perfect for easy getting onto the lakes in Minnesota. What a rig. Yes it is somewhat fragile but mine held up very well. I got a kick out of the way the bow came around 90 degrees with every paddle stroke. This canoe has a square back for a motor and should either be rowed or motored,not paddled. Besides, the boat is wide and is a reach to paddle anyways. If you can find one with a motor for under 500 dollars,jump on it. It will put you on the water easily while most are still on the couch. Mainly because it is easy to transport and launch. If you want something like it but tougher get a sportspal from castlecraft, I did. I think it was made for a 2 horse motor but was more than strong enough for the 4 horse and could easily handle even a lightweight 5 without stressing the hull.