Submitted: 05-21-2002 by Daveesq

I purchased this Kayak in 2/2002, after wanting a kayak for many years. It has provided me with much enjoyment and new insight to the water. I use it on the ocean, mainly in inlets and bays, thae fact that it would be many many miles to open ocean would hinder me using it much on open ocean.

I like the way that the Sierra handles, it turns easily and tracks very well. Additionally, it handles rough seas(within reason) very well. The only time I had trouble was around the Cape Cod Canal, I was abot 30-40 feet away coming around a jetty/sandbar and was in 6-7 feet swells(not reccomended for anyone, OY!). It is also a light kayak for its group. My friend has a Pungo(Wilderness Systems) and curses when he has to move it, as it weighs 10-15 pounds more. The Sierra can be moved by one person very easily. I have also found accessories very easily for my Sierra. I have seen other yakkers have trouble getting accessories for their kayaks.

I gave a 9 as believe a 10 to be kept for only the best of the best. (this may be the Bentley of kayaks, as opposed to the Rolls Royce of Kayaks). However, I would give the enjoyment factor of the Sierra an 11.