Submitted: 05-13-2002 by Michelle

My boyfriend and I bought a couple of kayaks at the end of last summer and instantly caught "the bug". We love to take them out to local ponds and rivers. I have a 5 yr old daughter and we wanted to include her in our fun. After trying to fit her in the cockpit of the Dagger, we realized it wasn't big enough. She ended up getting hit in the head every time we moved the paddle. Then we thought about buying a tandem for her to have her own seat. We rented a Loon, but found that you really need to have two able paddlers to be able to control and move the tandem. This year was the first time I saw the America and it's extra large cockpit. It's big enough to fit me and my daughter, but not so big that I can't paddle it on my own. The price was easy to handle too. We love it! Now the whole family is included and we go kayaking as often as we can.