Submitted: 05-08-2002 by Betty Glenn

Iím what they call vertically challenged and putting my Viper 11 on my camper top racks has always been an ordeal for me. Then Iíd have to repeat the challenge when I got back home. Now my boat stays on my Jimco Portage Trailer and Iím ready to go at the drop of a hat. Coming home is no problem, either; just unhook the trailer Ė thatís it! Itís great for shuttles, too. Now I can load other peopleís boats and gear and carry them wherever. I have never been able to back a trailer of any kind, but thatís not a problem Ė I just stop my truck, get out, unhook the trailer and push it where I want it to be, then turn the truck around, rehook up the trailer, and Iím off! This takes no time at all! But one of the best features is that the trailer is so light weight that I can move my boat and gear down to the river bank without having to drag or carry the canoe! Sometimes these river banks are a long wayís off. At home, I can move the trailer and boat from place to place, it does not have to have a special parking space. Finally, I get a lot of attention at the put in and take out Ė everyone wants to know all about my portage trailer.