Submitted: 05-08-2002 by WAG

I do love this boat. I have been down the French Broad, Nantahalla and Sec. II,III of the Chatooga and it is great. I always have someone in N. GA asking me to sell it. A few weeks ago I tried to go on a solo adventure down a small S. GA river. While it was great at making hairpin turns around deadfall it was a lot of work on the stretches. I gave up two days early because the trip turned out to be all work with the light wind and the strong (drought) current. I couldn't stop paddling long enough to get a picture of a bald eagle that was playing leapfrog with me for an hour. I wanted relaxation. If I laid the paddle down the boat would spin sideways before the first drop of water fell off the paddle. But on the other hand I was left stranded to paddle solo with a group of 8 people and packed my boat to the gunnels with everyone's stuff and it still sat high out of the water and everyone was in awe as I plugged through rapids with all their gear high and dry! I call it a hybrid, good at a lot but master of nothing!