Submitted: 05-06-2002 by irk

I am 184cm tall and 75 kgs, live in Perth Australia and have been playing canoe polo and doing the odd bit of surfing and whitewater but wanted to do a lot more surfing. So I brought a Medieval as I reckoned that it would be a good boat to start with. I haven't been disappointed. I have been surfing a few times now on waves of 0.5-0.7 metres and have been able to cut up the waves with a few cutbacks and aerials loops. In big surf it seems Ok at getting out, esp compared to a few of the newer, shorter boats. Only adverse thing are its weight which cuts down speed at takeoff and reaction times when manouvering, foot rests are uncomfortable (wear booties/socks) and seat is bit loose around the hips (need padding. Surf is expected to get up about 1.5 metres this week so I'll be hooting.