Submitted: 05-03-2002 by Alex McGruer

1999 I bought my Capella. Best handling boat I own. It even edges out my NDK for turning and scooting into caves and around rock gardens. The plastic is great. There is no shortage of it. It is a little heavy. Shortfalls are with the rocker she is not as fast as some other boats, nor does she tend to track as straight. Very minor control strokes can fix this with no bother. There is some minor oil canning. Nothing like me Sealution2 or Chinook. The only plastic boat I have seen that is less prone to Oil canning is the Old Town Millennium. The New P & H boats have a multi layer cross link type hull that may solve this. A beginner might find this boat tippy: Tough . That is how a boat that handles like this is. The skeg wire control leaked and needed fixed. The boat has some oil canning (very minor). This is a fine boat and my favourite plastic boat. BAR NONE! I an 5 ' 8" 182 Lbs. and I love the cockpit and handling on the Capella.