Submitted: 06-30-1999 by JWM

I have a Poly Capella which is actually 16'5" long and 22" wide. This is a fast boat for its length with excellent secondary stability and performs very well in waves and rough condiditons. It comes standard with a retractable skeg which helps tracking in the wind and with the skeg up you can carve a pretty tight turn. It's plastic is thin and smooth so although it's light compared to other plasic boats you can scratch it up pretty easily. On the other hand, it has one of the stiffest hull designs I've seen a poly kayak. You won't find much flex and people have commented on how much this boat feels like fiberglass. My front and back compartments are water tight with no troubles with leakage. Space is a little limited, but it carries what I need and then some. Overall, this is a great boat with great performance.