Submitted: 04-18-2002 by bikerman

I was very impressed with the handling of this small craft. I am new to the kayaking world but the sandpiper was a great choice. I mostly do bay rideing and in this case the sandpiper handles very well. Even though the top speed is not unbelievible, the sandpiper still has a very good top speed. The seating positioning is very comfortable and the back pack space in the back can be nice to. This was old towns intentions but i do not think it works very well. I wish there was a waterproof compartment for sunscreen or other tools.

I also use the sandpiper for surfing. I was very surprised to see how durable and how well the sandpiper handles on the larger swells. The reason I gave the sandpiper a 9 out of 10 is because of there is no compartment for tools and there are no self bailers.