Submitted: 04-17-2002 by Russ G.

After five years of different kayaks from 17' to 18.5 I now have an Aquila which I tried out three years ago and really liked it, just wasn't willing to put out that much cash for it. My time came with a very reasonable price and one in excellent condition. Since I have surfed,paddled flatwater, and been in 15-25mph cross winds heading against 3.5knot currents and have been impressed with this kayak. The seat was to high as many folks have said so I cut it and put in a 1 1/4" wood spacer(screwed) then fiberglassed it. Increased initial stability! seems to track a bit better although I still have to keep the skeg down a bit, as someone else mentioned to much rocker! I will say that the workmanship could be improved as with the Canadian boats I have owned were flawless in finish. I will end this in saying that this will be my last kayak and I think that says a lot.