Submitted: 04-15-2002 by Steve

I recently purchased my Loon 138 at paddlesports show in NH. I've had it out number of times in the last two weeks and I must say this is a great yak. I had it out today on the Mystic River in Mass. where it was about 75 degrees with a decent SW wind and it handled extremely well. It tracked well in the wind and is very spacious. I am 6'1" 235 lbs and got lost in this boat. The cockpit is 18 X 55 and is easy to enter and exit. This yak will also allow for a child seat if your taking along a little one. The boat is platic (polylink 3) and weighs 54 lbs. I was surprised at how fast this boat was, although the wind was at my back. I did paddle it against the wind earlier in the week and did quite well on a local pond. The boat does take a little effort to car top, not so much the weight, but at 13'8" it is somewhat cumbersome. I do like this kayak very much, although turning on a dime is not a feature of this yak. Now that the warm weather is arriving. I will be taking out my Ocean Kayak SOT which is my personel fav!!! But for the 8 not so warm months in New England this boat will get most of my use.