Submitted: 04-04-2002 by Eric Zitzmann

I rented a Keowee III last summer with my family (wife and 7 yr old daughter), and we just weren't going to be without one this summer. The price is incredibly reasonable-I paid $700 from Outback Adventures in San Jose. I was going to buy it at REI, but they wanted shipping on top of it. I have had no problems loading by myself-I just slide it up the rack from behind after lifting it up there. I bought a set of Yakima's Hully rollers, and they are perfect for this kind of loading. With a 650 lb. capacity, this kayak was the #1 choice for us, as we are going to embark on overnight trips. Very easy to paddle (as compared to my old sit-on-top), and it tracks well. I recommend the Expedition model, as it has a huge dry storage area. I rate it a 10+ out of 10. Good luck with your purchase!