Submitted: 04-03-2002 by gator1

I have had my Old Town Osprey for about three months now. I just finished a week long trip to Texas and had all week to play on Lake Jacksonville. I am very happy with this canoe. I was expecting to have to work much harder to keep on track with this 14 foot boat than I had to. With a 60 pound child in the front seat (actually in the back seat reversed) I felt like I was paddling a 16 footer. The rowing option was excellent on two points: 1. I good weather, There are seats for both of my kids. 2. In good weather (I rowed alone through near whitecap water) the oars made life very easy. I found rowing into the wind to be no problem at all. We caught a great mess of Crappie from the canoe and had no problem with stability. I highly recommend this canoe for anyone needing light weight and versatility. One note: This is not an ideal beginner's canoe. Paddling experience helps bring out the best in this little canoe! It is all it is advertised as and more!