Submitted: 06-27-1999 by Chuck

What a GREAT boat! I'm new to kayaking but have been paddling canoes for 40 years. The Keowee 2 is exactly what I wanted in a kayak. VERY stable, cruises nicely, converts to and paddles as a solo with EASE, the perfect boat for exploring ponds, lakes and gentle rivers on beautiful sunset evenings! Its also very nice looking, and the 61 lbs. weight makes it doable to handle as a solo. Piece of cake for two! My only compalint is that the plastic bottom doesn't seem to be stiff enough, and my car rack (Yakima Hully rollers) routinely dents the bottom, though it restores to its original shape within a day. Perception should also pay more attention to their published specs. No drain plug or "molded flotation" for '99. These minor beefs aside, the Keowee 2 is definitely a PLEASURE and a keeper for two!

UPDATE 9/6/99: My son and I took our Keowee2 toi Newfoundland for camping and paddling for two weeks, and she performed BEAUTIFULLY! We did all sorts of paddling on gentle rivers, lakes and fjords and she didn't miss a beat. She tracked beautifully and proved top be relatively fast and graceful. We did some long paddles up glacial lakes into fjords and the miles went by without any complaints from either of us regarding the effort required. I do have one complaint: the unadjustable seat back is somewhat of a pain on long paddles since its difficult to vary seating position andcomfort, and I found the angle of the seat back much to laid-back so that on long paddles, I was constantly battling slipping forward off the seat. But this was only apparent on very long paddles. Otherwise, she was a BLAST and made this trip for us. She handled all sorts of water with ease! BTW, DON'T MISS WESTERN NEWFOUNDLAND (but don't let the secret out!!!!!)