Submitted: 03-29-2002 by John Morris

I've had an Andromeda for three months and it's become my favorite boat. This boat is a little tippy but has reasonable stability for a boat with a beam of 20.5". Probably not a good choice for beginners but intermediates and advanced paddlers will love it. At 6'1" and 200 pounds I found the cockpit to be surprisingly roomy and comfortable. This boat loves to play and easily catches and runs with even small waves like no other boat I've paddled. Previously I've always had ruddered boats but found that the Andromeda tracks very well even without the skeg deployed. On larger waves the Andromeda handles well and is easily controlled, but be prepared for some fast rides. A friend recently asked me to compare my Current Designs Extreme and the Andromeda. If your looking for a fast boat that can swallow a lot of gear and do extended trips get the Extreme. If your looking for a fast play boat for day tripping or shorter trips the Andromeda gets my vote.