Submitted: 03-28-2002 by Robert

Well it is time to semi-retire my Jubilee...just did many paddles along the forgotten coast of Florida with the high-light being the rapid charge and advancement of an 8 foot gator toward me and my boat on the Suwanee River-this after paddling with Manatee on the Crystal River the day before. The Nordkapp Jubilee followed 2 years in a Sea Lion with followed many many years in a Chinook..the Nordkapp's successor is to be a Necky Looksha II I ordered last week-like the Sea Lion it is to be in Kevlar (and I have heard the warnings of the promised versus actual delivered weight from Necky)..if you know the Looksha II then you know it can't replace either the Sea Lion in abject carrying capacity and ease of loading nor can it replace the Nordkapp in stability, but I am excited about getting a light (hopefully) excercise boat that may be pushed into overnight paddle/camp service just to see how it does....expect further reviews on the Looksha II after I take delivery. After 2 years in the Nordkapp and too too many trips to count everywhere from the Everglades to Voyageurs I give it a 9+ and the only reason I give any deficit is the small hatch up front-I could fault the seat back having come from a cush American boat but I luckily discovered that when wearing a throw roap in the small of my back it fit perfectly well against the rear cockpit coming and provided surprising comfort on long paddle-in fact I never complained about back pain in the Nordapp. Wish me luck in the Looksha II!